For most of us, cars are a central part of going surfing. In Australia, cars were an historically important part of the spread and reach of surfing and surfing culture in the 1950s, 60s and 70s, when cars became mass-produced and car ownership became affordable for younger people. Photos of groups of young men and women taking off to explore the coast have become iconic. For example, I see this photo by John Witzig of Bob McTavish at Noosa all the time - in books, online and even in films. This image is even the front page image on John Witzig's website . In Australia, surfing has really significant connections to cars; historically, symbolically, stylistically and practically In a similar way to the freedom they provided to surfers last century, cars have been really important for my surfing life. Because I live in Brisbane and especially because I ride longboards, if I didn't own a car, my access to the surf would be entirely reliant on the kindness and genero...
A blatant rip off of a british war poster produced in 1939 that said ' keep calm and carry on '
ReplyDeleteSomebody found it a few years ago and as usual anybody with a product can claim it.
Hey 'bec, how's it going on the strip? - bit bloody wet in the hills lately but at least its keeping the brownies in their holes.
Yes, pete - It is a very blatant rip off of that.
ReplyDeleteBut it's cute anyway.
It's wet here too and each day I leave the house with an umbrella, even if it's blazing sun. I'm SO over it.
But I still find a way to walk along the river every day. It keeps me sane...
"Keep Calm and Carry an Umbrella"
ReplyDelete"Keep Calm and Walk Along the River"
"Keep Calm and Drink Gin"