Quiksilver promotes women! Hang on, what?
This is an ACTUAL video that Quiksilver have on the Quiksilver Pro website to promote the competition. Come one, come all to watch the Quiksilver Pro on the Gold Coast!! Everybody is welcome - even women! As long as you're a sick chick who is willing to have guys ogle her and comment on her body openly and in a way that is apparently encouraged by Quiksilver. But seriously, this is not a joke. That video is on the homepage of video section on the Quiksilver Pro website . On a website that includes women surfers who are also competing. Women who Quiksilver likes to suggest they consider athletes. I sort of wondered for a while if I would even post the clip here, because posting it is promoting their product and site, so I want you to know that I'm not unaware of the complexity of my including it on my blog in order to critique it. But I also want you to know that I think Quiksilver clearly employs some moronic promotional techniques that encourage and even permit sexist ...
Hi Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteI read through the contemporary ethnographies conference programme, currently being held at Waikato University (where I'm enrolled in my masters) and noticed you were presenting a paper about blogging. I'm also doing blog research - looking at 'Nourishing' food blogs. I'm not actually attending the conference but I thought I would say hi - as a fellow blog researcher :)
Hey Isa,
ReplyDeleteThanks for saying hi! If you find time, come along - it would be cool to meet you (Just sneak in. No-one will notice!!)! I also know someone else who is beginning some food blog research, so maybe I could put you in touch. You can email me via this site, or it would be cool to meet you tomorrow if you are around!