Pop tarts

I have never made a secret of my delight in pop music. Admittedly a lot of it is total crap and can be problematic on a whole lot of levels, but the stuff that I find is best tends to be quite funny. When I want to have fun or when I want to stay awake while driving or when life gets intense and I want to escape, I turn to pop (or Dolly Parton!), because it reminds me not to take it all too seriously.

Yep, that's right: I like pop music because I think it has a sense of humour.

And I was reminded of this recently when I went back and listened to one of Gwen Stefani's albums - she makes some pretty amusing songs. Seriously though, tell me this song isn't funny...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quiksilver promotes women! Hang on, what?

the sea is all about us

Cars and surfing