For most of us, cars are a central part of going surfing. In Australia, cars were an historically important part of the spread and reach of surfing and surfing culture in the 1950s, 60s and 70s, when cars became mass-produced and car ownership became affordable for younger people. Photos of groups of young men and women taking off to explore the coast have become iconic. For example, I see this photo by John Witzig of Bob McTavish at Noosa all the time - in books, online and even in films. This image is even the front page image on John Witzig's website . In Australia, surfing has really significant connections to cars; historically, symbolically, stylistically and practically In a similar way to the freedom they provided to surfers last century, cars have been really important for my surfing life. Because I live in Brisbane and especially because I ride longboards, if I didn't own a car, my access to the surf would be entirely reliant on the kindness and genero...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for mentioning our Residency Program Rebecca, we are looking forward to having Joni in Byron also! Cheers, Craig, Art Park
ReplyDeleteRed Cross has launched Tasmanian Bushfires 2013 Appeal at redcross.org.au or by calling 1800811700. Please support Tassie. Just every thing emergency get this app free for you mobile http://hottaxi.webs.com/apps/links/
ReplyDelete