Remembered. Still.

It has been a year now since my mum died; a year since I discovered the depths of the links between my pain, grief, loss, love and the ocean. I am still at a loss as to what to do or say, or whether there are any words left to even talk about it.

We marked the moment by returning mum's body to the beach, to the sea. Even though what we poured amongst the water, sand and rocks yesterday was merely ashes, it was a relief; She would have hated to know she was stuck in a little box, inside.

Comments

  1. Strong feelings. Good words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kelped8:12 AM

    thanks for your writing. your descriptions of how the ocean is part of us are wonderful. open-eyed and open-hearted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Einstein was a surfer

I hate Noosa Heads and Surfing*

Laura Crane has skin in the game: a surf story in five parts*