Pop tarts

I have never made a secret of my delight in pop music. Admittedly a lot of it is total crap and can be problematic on a whole lot of levels, but the stuff that I find is best tends to be quite funny. When I want to have fun or when I want to stay awake while driving or when life gets intense and I want to escape, I turn to pop (or Dolly Parton!), because it reminds me not to take it all too seriously.

Yep, that's right: I like pop music because I think it has a sense of humour.

And I was reminded of this recently when I went back and listened to one of Gwen Stefani's albums - she makes some pretty amusing songs. Seriously though, tell me this song isn't funny...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Einstein was a surfer

I hate Noosa Heads and Surfing*

Laura Crane has skin in the game: a surf story in five parts*