In my dream

So, I had the weirdest dream the other night.

I know that is about the creepiest way that anyone can start a story, but, well, I did.

I'm not going to go into details - listening to other peoples' dream is usually pretty irritating - but the crux of it is that I came upon a group exercise class, but it was really, really fit people who were training really hard. And then I looked and noticed that one of the people working out was Kelly Slater. But, because he is so fit and wanted to work out so hard, instead of shoes he was wearing mini, round balance boards on his feet. Not shoes with inflated, rounded soles, but actual small balance boards with inflated, rounded balls underneath.

Not surprisingly, he seemed pretty intense about his training, so I avoided talking to him. But he really was impressively fit! I guess if you're at a point where you're wearing balance balls for shoes, you're a fair bit further along the fitness spectrum than I am.

Balance board shoes. They were pretty weird looking.

But the weirdest thing about that dream is that I usually dream about everyday, mundane things like doing my grocery shopping, going to the beach, or having a disagreement - it's always made me worried that I don't have much of an imagination. I rarely have surreal or fantastical dreams so this moment in whatever the rest of this dream was is really up there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Einstein was a surfer

I hate Noosa Heads and Surfing*

Laura Crane has skin in the game: a surf story in five parts*