Surfing Australia is a not-for-profit "National Sporting Organisation that was formed in 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing in Australia". To clarify, by the development of surfing, they mean the development of the sport of surfing, which is fine, but I think that it's an important distinction, especially since their vision is to "become a mainstream commercially sustainable sport, and to promote surfing as an iconic Australian lifestyle".
the Royal Australian Mint press release:
The uncirculated coins are each packaged in their own unique surfboard shaped coin holder. The holder features an image of five-time World Champion Stephanie Gilmore.
Some things to note:
1. The crappy punctuation in that sentence is the Royal Mint's own.
2. They included a woman on this (what will become an) historical artefact.
3. What a shame this coin won't go into circulation. It's actually pretty fun.
4. "...to promote surfing as an iconic Australian lifestyle." Mission accomplished, Surfing Australia.
5. If you want to buy one, you can get it here.