Count me in!

Although I don't believe in any God sitting above humankind in some kind of perpetual and hypocritical system of judgement, I still grew up in Australia where Christian ideals have imposed themsleves on the way I view my moral world. So rules like 'Be good to your parents' and 'Don't sleep with other girls' boyfriends' (my wording, not Theirs) have rung in my ears as I've travelled through life, guiding my actions, imposing limitations, and warning me of eternal consequence if I step out of line. Ooooooh!

And in my limited imaginings on the subject, I've envisioned hell as a place that is steaming hot, full of mosquitoes and cockroaches and people talking about real estate and renovations, all set to an unbearable soundtrack of The Cat Empire and The Veronicas...

But the description in this song by those delightful songsters, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, inspires me to throw the last of my morals out the window and embrace the hypothetical prospect of a subterranean eternity!

from Satan Said Dance;

...and I know it is not how you thought it would be,
no whips no chains, just dancing, dancing, dancing,

dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing,

dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing,
daaaaannnnccciiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnng!

Can you see it now? Me, Elvis, Mae West, Steve McQueen, Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde, hitting the disco-lit dance floor of morality and carving it up! Epic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Einstein was a surfer

I hate Noosa Heads and Surfing*

Laura Crane has skin in the game: a surf story in five parts*